This Weekend: The Shabbat Project 2014
An estimated 1 million people around the world will be celebrating Shabbat this weekend; please share with us what you will be doing to connect to the Shabbat Project!
TONIGHT: Mega Challah Bake for women @ 7 pm. More Info
SHABBAT: For those of you staying local this weekend, we encourage you to join the Shabbat Project on your own. The Project is not about being in a certain place; it’s about joining the Jewish Nation in celebrating Shabbat as a unified group. And that can be done anywhere.
Some ideas you might consider are:
· Bake Challah at the Great Queens Challah Bake or in your own home
· Join with friends for a Friday night Shabbat dinner and/or Saturday Shabbat lunch
· Light Shabbat candles (preferably at 5:44pm, but anytime between 4:55 and 6:01pm)
· Sing a Shabbat prayer or song.
· Unplug from electronic devices for part or all of Shabbat to be fully present in your conversations and thoughts
· Visit us this Friday 9am-12pm (or contact me to coordinate another time) to borrow a Shabbat book from our extensive library. (For adults or children)
Please take a look at the “toolkit” for more ideas and/or visit theshabbosproject.org for more resources, ideas, and inspiration for yourself and/or your family. Printed toolkits are also available for pickup at the shul.
We want to hear from you!
We are currently accepting submissions for our newsletter. If you have a delicious recipe, a fascinating article or video for our next newsletter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Approved submissions will be featured in one of our upcoming Newsletters.
Holiday Hebrew School was a Blast!